Monday, September 17, 2007

Sleepy Time Tea



It was 5:30pm when I managed to get out of work. I rushed out, only to rush over to the grocery store. I don't like going to the grocery store ever...especially around 5pm or 6pm...everyone is there rushing to get food for dinner. No one is nice. Everyone is on a mission. Including me.
As I was turning off the canned food isle to go down the isle with the pasta, a little old lady crossed my path. Our carts went smoothly passed each other and I smiled. Apparently that was a sign to her that I wanted to talk. I stood there as this little old lady proceeded to tell me all about this Night Time Tea that she bought from Trader Joe's. I literally stood there for 4-5 minutes as she explained why this tea was so great. She had never slept better. She told her entire church about it. Her friend, who has trouble sleeping, tried it and has never had a better night's sleep. And it's only $2.99 at Trader Joe's.
As I'm standing there listening to her tell me about this tea, it dawns on me.....she just wants to pass along a little nugget of wisdom. So I let her....and by the end of our one-sided conversation she was smiling ear to ear. She just wanted to tell someone.
And then I saw Newman from Seinfield on the way out.
Maybe going to the grocery store at 5:45pm isn't that bad after all.

No comments: