Friday, May 23, 2008

Corn on the Mind



When Jim and I went to New York this past December, we were lucky enough to have a local take us around - our friend Joel. Our trip had some 'touristy' activities, but it was mostly comprised of meeting Joel's interesting music friends from NYU, shopping, finding cool bars and finding amazing restaurants. One of the restaurants that Joel took us to was Cafe Habana.

I was expecting a large restaurant with classic mexican food. Oh no. I was wrong. And I was so happy that I was!

We waited in the FREEZING cold for 45 minutes until we were finally sat in this cramped little Cuban-Mexican, loud restaurant. Our table was tiny and the four of us were constantly trying to find room for all our plates and drinks. It started off with a bang.

Joel explained that they were known for their corn on the cob. Who's known for their corn on the cob? And how can you make corn on the cob that interested?

It was amazing.

I have been dreaming of that corn on the cob since that fateful night on Price Street....until I found the cuban-style recipe on Martha Stewart's Blueprint Blog.

For the recipe visit Martha Stewart. I can't wait to make it this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.