Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Finding a Theme

A good friend of mine has asked me to help her with "everything paper" for her wedding.
When I got married, that was my favorite part. From the invitations, to the save the date, to the menus and the programs - I loved it! Now that I'm trying my hand at design, I want to build up my portfolio. What a perfect way!
My advice for her was to pick a 'theme' to guide us through since all the elements of the wedding haven't been decided on. I had a monogram on my invitations that was used several more time at the wedding. I think it gives a great sense of balance.
That isn't to say that you can't go all over the board when working with your stationery! My save the date cards were VERY funky, but my invitations were traditional.
Here are a few monograms I was working on to help her not only find a theme, but for us to find the Style of the wedding.

What do you think? Have any favorites?

1 comment:

Raya Carlisle said...

It's like you've been sitting at home designing monograms all day. Oh, no wait - you have a demanding full time job. I don't know how you find the time to do this. My eye went to the circle one on the left, the yellowsquare with the green border and the rectangle one in the bottom left - all very nice. And I love your new banner too!