Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Places Everyone, Places!

So Thursday is the day that Kim Myles from Myles of Style will be gracing the Roach Motel. I'm so excited to meet her and to hear her thoughts on our kitchen!
In preparing the house for an interior designers arrival, I have started to doubt all my designing efforts. It's so strange how you can feel confident and comfortable in your home, until you are expecting an arrival of a TV star with designing-genius!
The two rooms I feel good about are the office and our bedroom. I think I like those the most, and feel those two are the most indicative of our style because we started from scratch. All the pieces that are in those rooms have been purchase in the past year. They were bought for those rooms.
The other rooms in the house (especially the living room) are made up of pieces that were handed down or purchased last minute when we bought our house. Our couch is super comfortable and was only $400 from Ikea. HOWEVER, it lacks structure and looks sloppy a lot of the time. I just need to relax and remember...style is style. You don't always love it and it comes and goes.

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Paige said...

So fun! Good luck tomorrow :) Be confident, you have some of the best style I have known.

I have been meaning to call you all week. What are your plans for the 6th of July? We have a few extra tickets to an Angels game and we were wondering if you and Jim would be interested. We were also thinking about going to see Wicked on the 5th. Call or email me and let me know!