Friday, January 4, 2008

Traveling Mercies


I'm almost in tears....so instead of crying I'm going to blog. Online Diary, anyone?

It all started this morning at 3:30am when I woke up. Yes, 3:30am. My husband and me, plus his two friends, had a 6am flight from LAX to Portland to Redmond. We were meeting my entire family up there for a surprise birthday party for my brother-in-law. My sister has been planning this party for 4 months. She even went as far as to flying Jim and his two friends up. They will be entertaining the masses as their 3-piece glory band, World Peace Leaders.

We got to the airport only to find out that all the 6am flights had been cancelled. After an hour of playing with flight schedules, talking with my parents and weighing our options....the decision was the 3 boys to take an Alaska flight directly to Redmond, OR. The reason we could only have 3 go? There were only 3 tickets available. Sucks.

I was the martyor because I'm not part of the band. If I don't make it...too bad...but at least the party still happened.

So i got on a 6:55am flight to Vegas, which was then to go to San Fran, and then to Richmond. Not bad, unless you have horrible weather and San Fran closes.

Yep, that's where I'm at. I was sitting on the plane, and then had to get off once they announced that San Fran was closed. So now I'm in Sin City. All by myself. On the verge of tears. Not knowing what the hell is going to happen. This blows.

I'm not going to cry about it. I'm going to be a big girl. But honestly, that's all i want to do. I want to burst out in tears, in the middle of this mass of people, and scream "I am all alone and I need to get to my family! You all suck!".

I don't think that would do any good though. Damn.

The Bug Loves....nothing right now. The Bug actually HATES.

1 comment:

Raya Carlisle said...

Oh Amy! That does TOTALLY suck. I hope you get this while you're at the airport and at least know that I am praying for you to get on a flight - FAST. Hang in there : (