Monday, May 7, 2007

The Bug Loves...

Well, I have done it...I have offically become a 'blogger'.

I remember years ago hearing the term 'blogger' for the first time and thinking, 'that is so nerdy! People looking online for topics to write about...online...to no one?" Does this mean I'm a nerd?
If so, I welcome the new adjective to my list of characteristics. I guess it means that I'm branching out and growing. Right? Or maybe just susceptible to pop culture.

I'm hoping to use this blog has an escape, as a place where I can express and enhance my creativity, a place where I can share things I love and use as a sort of online journal. I have been keeping journals since I was in Jr. High....man those are funny!!!....and I'm hoping to use this outlet in a similar fashion.

Who am I?
I'm 26 years old. I'm a girl. I'm blonde...with the help of my hair stylist. I have been married for a year and a half. I married my best friend. I married up. I started working right out of college and am in my 'career' at 26. I feel fortunate to find what i love, but at the same time I feel a yearning for a more creative outlet. My job is that I sell air....radio air time. I live in Burbank. My hubby and I just bought a house.

I think the whole buying the house got me a little more connected with my powerbook, because all I want to do is find great things to fill my house with. I want my house to be an expression of myself and my husband....not an expression of Pottery Barn or Crate and Barrel. Don't get me wrong, they get it right most of the time. However, I don't want my house to be out of a magazine....because I'm not out of a magazine.

So as I conclude my first blog....wow.....look at me, mom.....I'm blogging.....I have to sit back and ask, "Where will this new venture take me?" I can't wait to find out. I have a good feeling about this.

Oh, and for those of you who are asking, why 'the bug loves'.....well.....my name is Amy Roach. If I'm going to change my name from Owens to Roach, I'm going to run with the whole bug thing. And my goal in this blog is to find out more about myself. What do I really love.

No comments: