Friday, May 25, 2007

Wanna Get Involved?

I am guilty of being cynical of most good things in life. I don't know why. I didn't used to be that way. I'm cynical with churches, charities and, sadly enough, some really nice people. My cynical statement is always, "Oh, really?"
I can't tell you how long it's been since I had a 'home church'. I can always find something wrong. I rarely give to charities for one reason or another. Sad. I know.
Things are changing. My goal right now in my life is to stop being so cynical...and to just get involved.
I came across this a website the other day called Epicurious and found out about Wine.Dine.Donate. The challenge is to host a dinner party and give back. Give where? Give to America's Second Harvest.
I encourage you to check out this amazing charity, and this amazing idea. What's better than to host a dinner party, cook great food, enjoy friends and drink wine...all benefiting people less fortunate. Check it out.

No comments: