Monday, May 14, 2007

Traveling



I love to travel. I might not LOVE the airplane..but I love walking into a new city. I love that feeling of not knowing what lies beyond the corner. And with some cities that are so different from my own, I just love the 'newness' of it all.
For the past four days I have been in Portland, Oregon. Might not sound like a crazy traveling adventure, but it was so fun. Portland is a city that I had major misconceptions about. I pictured trees, tree huggers and birkenstocks. That was about it.
I went to visit my college friend, Joy. She showed me a great time in her city.
I think my favorite part of my trip was this little coffee shop owned and run by another college friend and her family. The shop is called Sip & Kranz. Totally adorable....and has totally found a niche.
Going to this coffee shop and seeing my friends made me think how great it must be to do something on your own. To not only find a need, but to enjoy it....must be a great feeling. The bug loves inspiration.

No comments: