Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sew, Sew, Sew Me Something....

















The other day I pulled out Simple Sewing, ready to take on a new project. Only problem, I didn't have any fabric. Sort of a big problem. So I drove out to a Wall-Mart size Joanne's and went shopping. Before I left I worked out 5 different projects. This way I could pick out fabrics based on actual sewing projects, instead of ending up with a bunch of fabric that isn't exactly right...or the right size.
I came home with some great fabrics!




My first project was the easy apron project. It took me a couple hours because I am still getting used to my machine...and hey...I'm new at this. Looking back at my project, I'm pretty happy with the end product. I'm thinking I'll give it to my sister...the colors are definitely her.
Lesson Learned: I need to buy a yard stick. :)

Next up, baby blanket. Dun Dun DUN!

1 comment:

Raya Carlisle said...

Look at you little bloggy bloggerton! I love all these posts and good job on your apron. You are so multi-talented - when are you going to come help me with my yard? Its in a sad state. It needs Amy!