Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wallpaper come to Fruition

Awhile back I blogged about wallpaper. I had found a few websites that I really loved, but finally decided on the Grass Cloth from Design Your Walls.
First off, the deliver and shipping were simple and easy. I had the wallpaper in my hot little hand within two days...with only paying for basic shipping. They are based in Long Beach, so it was super quick. The wallpaper looked just like it did online...which was a HUGE relief!
The actual wallpapering experience was an ordeal. I'll be honest - I probably won't wallpaper again. Painting takes time, but wallpapering takes more than just time...patience! :) Finding the adhesive was harder than I thought. I went to 6 different places before finding a strippable heavy adhesive for heavy paper. Who knew that wallpapering was so rare!? Home Depot didn't even carry wallpaper.
I finally found the adhesive at a specialty paint store....and a lot of great advice as well. The specialty stores are full of great, knowledgable sales people. Thank God! Home Depot and Lowe's are a little tough to rely on.
After talking with the sales person, I realized that I needed to prime the walls, not just clean them.
Thank God I had some extra hands to help. My parents had come up for the day, or so they thought, to help me with my project. It ended up taking 2 full days...until 11:30pm on day two. Yikes.
But the result was fantastic. My husband just kept saying, "We have an adult's room!"


Before....



After...

1 comment:

Paige said...

I looks so good! I am really jealous. I want wallpaper- talk me out of it! Not just because it is difficult but because 1) I just finished painting our bedroom, and 2) because we rent, not own.